Love poo pourri but don’t love the price? Check out this all natural homemade poo-pourri. It’s made with essential oils and costs around $1 to make!
Homemade Poo Pourri Spray with Essential Oils
Poo pourri is a must-have for any and every bathroom. At least, I think so. But maybe that’s because I share a bathroom with three boys.
Never the less, I always make sure we are fully stocked with poo pourri. If you’re not familiar with poo pourri, it’s basically a bathroom deodorizer.
It prevents and eliminates stinky bathroom odors that occur when one goes number two. You can check out the original product here.
(This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure statement here.)
I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products mentioned here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your doctor before using essential oils on children under 5 or while pregnant or breastfeeding. Please do not ask me for medical advice. Click here to read my full disclaimer.
I used to buy the original formula but recently decided to try and make my own diy version.
I wanted to make my own homemade poo-pourri for two reasons.
- I wanted to know exactly what was in it. The creators of the original Poo-Pourri claim their product is free of parabens, ethanol and many other harsh chemicals, but they don’t actually list the ingredients on their products. So you don’t really know for sure what you’re spraying or breathing in.
- I wanted to save money. The original Poo-pourri can cost you around $4 an ounce (and we go through a lot in my house). This diy version costs around $1 an ounce (if I did my math correctly). The cost will vary depending on which essential oils you choose to use.
How to make DIY Bathroom Spray
Before you make your own diy poo pourri spray you’ll first need to gather your supplies.
- Spray Bottle
- Witch Hazel
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Essential oils of your choice (recipe suggestions below)
- Cute label (totally optional but you can print one out for free below)
Related: All Natural Bug Bite Remedy
Once you’ve gathered all your supplies just follow the step by step directions below.
- Add 30-40 drops of essential oil to bottle (favorite recipes below)
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin to bottle
- Add 2oz of witch hazel to bottle
- Fill bottle rest of the way with distilled water
- Shake well
- Add your label
Shake well before each use.
Favorite Bathroom Spray Essential Oil Recipes
Related: DIY Body Spray With Essential Oils
Here are a few bonus recipes for fall
Get your free printable poo pourri label below!
How to use Homemade poo pourri
The secret to using poo pourri is to spray it before you go, not after. Just spray 2-4 times in toilet before you go.
The poo pourri creates a barrier that traps the odors in the toilet where they belong! And your bathroom stays fresh and clean.
Related: Super Simple DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe
If you decide to buy from Simply Earth you can use the code HAPPYHEARTFREE to receive a $40 Simply Earth gift card plus a big bonus box with the purchase of your first essential oil recipe box.
I’m kinda addicted to making my own copycat diy products. Some of my creations are a success and some are total fails.
This one my friends, is a winner. I compared it to the original formula and it works just the same.
I like to add the above mixture to these super tiny spray bottles to create little on the go poo-pourri bottles. They’re so small you can just throw them in your purse.
If you have any questions or have your own favorite recipe combo please share in the comments below!