I love fall and I love winter. But what I don’t love is all the bugs that seem to go around this time of the year. They can really suck the joy right out of the holidays.
This year I’m determined to keep myself and my family healthy through out the cold and flu season!
We’ve been taking our probiotics, diffusing essential oils and doing a bunch of other things which you can read about here. I’ve recently made an immune boosting essential oil roller bottle that we’ve been using daily as well.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. READ THE FULL DISCLAIMER HERE.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the vital fluids of a plant, shrub, root, herb, flower, seed or tree. They are a highly concentrated form of the natural oils in a plant. The oil inside of a plant operates as the plants immune system. They help protect the plant against predators and disease and they also aid in plant pollination. The oil is essential to the life and health of the plant. You can read more about essential oils and how they work here.
Immune Boosting Essential Oils
There are several essential oils that are great for immune support. Tea tree, ginger and oregano are just a few that come to mind. You can read this post to discover more immune boosting essential oils. I’ve chosen the most potent and effective immune boosting essential oils for this recipe.
Roller Bottle Blends
Roller bottle blends are a convenient and easy way to use essential oils. You just add whatever essential oils you like as well as a carrier oil to your roller bottle and you have a blend that has already been diluted and is ready to use.
Immune Boosting Roller Bottle Supplies & ingredients
A few things you will need for this recipe besides the essential oils themselves are listed below.
- Carrier oil (I use fractionated coconut oil but you can use whichever carrier oil you like. Almond and jojoba oil both work well.)
- Glass Roller Bottles 10ml (I buy mine on Amazon!)
- Label (You can print one below for free!)
The oils needed for this recipe are listed below as well as a little info about each oil.
- Rosemary: Rosemary oil contains substances that are useful for stimulating the immune system. It also has a high level of antioxidants which can help support your body in fighting infectious diseases.
- Frankincense: Not only is it great for your skin and for emotional support but it also boosts and supports your immune system.
- Oregano: Oregano oil is a very potent oil! Some of its properties include antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic.
- Lemon: Lemon oil has many detoxifying properties. It also has strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
- Thieves or Fighting Five: Thieves is a Young Living essential oil blend that was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying. It contains a powerful combination of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils. Fighting Five is a similar blend from Eden’s Garden that works just as well at a fraction of the cost. You can also learn how to make thieves oil here.
Immune Boosting Essential Oil Roller Bottle Recipe
For 10 years old and up
- 6 drops of Rosemary
- 10 drops of Frankincense
- 6 drops of Lemon
- 2 drops of Oregano
- 10 drops of Thieves or Fighting Five
For 3-9 years old
The children’s recipe is exactly the same except the ingredients are cut in half.
- 3 drops of Rosemary
- 5 drops of Frankincense
- 3 drops of Lemon
- 1 drop of Oregano
- 5 drops of Thieves or Fighting Five
How to Use Immune Boosting Essential Oil Roller Blend
Whenever you want to give your immune system a boost apply the roller bottle to the bottom of your feet or roll it onto your spine.
Get your free printable immunity roller label!
The label is formatted to print on the Avery 2x2in labels (#22806). You print, peel from the paper and stick right on the bottle. Or you can print on regular paper, cut out and tape or glue on the bottle.
Visit my shop to get labels for all your essential oil roller blends!
Where should I buy essential oils?
As essential oils have become increasingly popular over the years they’ve also become much easier to obtain. But do not be deceived. Not all oils are created equal. Many oils being sold today are synthetic. Your body processes synthetic oils as a toxin which does not help your body but actually works against it. So please do your research before purchasing essential oils.
There are many essential oil companies that sell high quality essential oils. I used to use Young Living oils exclusively but I just couldn’t afford to use them anymore. I was pleasantly surprised to discover several brands that sell amazing, high quality essential oils at very affordable prices.
A few of my favorites are Eden’s Garden, Plant Therapy and Florihana. Plant Therapy and Eden’s Garden have amazing blends that can be easily purchased from Amazon. And Florihana is my go to for single oils.
FLORIHANA ESSENTIAL OILS
Florihana is an amazing essential oil company that many people don’t know about. Florihana owns and operates their own distillery in France. They do GCMS batch testing and provide all the technical data and certificates for each oil on their product pages. That’s pretty awesome. So you don’t have to wonder if your oil is pure. All the info is completely available to you.
I hope that this immune boosting essential oil roller bottle helps you and your family stay healthy. You can read this post for more tips about how to stay healthy during the cold and flu season. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below 🙂
Author: Candice Sinner
Hi! I’m Candice & I’m an essential oil junkie. I want to help you break free from toxic chemicals & toxic living so you can live the life God created you to live. Click here to learn more about me and my health journey.